lyxep

Jul 26, 2019
Hello Kerni and all,
great work, I like tha game so far, but there is great bug for me with loading the saved game. Till I try that it runs perfectly with text and everything.
When I try to load the game from save it gets stuck on the loading image (4 ladies next to each other) and thats it. If you press ESC it tries to load UI but it just flash through and gets back. Inventory with TAB works and actualy if you bring the cheat console it starts to pan to your character and you can see "cheat" buttons there. If you press quit (at the cheat menu) game seems as normal (you can move around go to any interactible object or character), but UI (text and so on) doesnt show same as with ESC menu.
Tried USA locale, switching decimal and floating character change, it didnt helped. Tried to run it in 1080p, didnt helped.
Do you Kerni or anybody else know what it could cause?

Thank you for any advice.

L.

Last edited:

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Hello Kerni and all,
great work, I like tha game so far, but there is great bug for me with loading the saved game. Till I try that it runs perfectly with text and everything.
When I try to load the game from save it gets stuck on the loading image (4 ladies next to each other) and thats it. If you press ESC it tries to load UI but it just flash through and gets back. Inventory with TAB works and actualy if you bring the cheat console it starts to pan to your character and you can see "cheat" buttons there. If you press quit (at the cheat menu) game seems as normal (you can move around go to any interactible object or character), but UI (text and so on) doesnt show same as with ESC menu.
Tried USA locale, switching decimal and floating character change, it didnt helped. Tried to run it in 1080p, didnt helped.
Do you Kerni or anybody else know what it could cause?

Thank you for any advice.

L.
Mhnn... sounds like there is something very wrong with the saves then, considering normal gameplay works fine.

What you can try, is to toggle the "savegame workaround" on in the gameplay menu, this will make it that the saves will not be saved as files , but rather as strings in the unity playerprefs (they are somewhere in the windows registry)

if this still does not work, then please try to load a game (until it fails) then end the game and look into the folder
"C:\Users[your user name]\AppData\LocalLow\Kernis none existing company\Bound in desire"
In there , should be the player.log and in the player log should be some kind of exception at the very end.
Maybe this will give you a hint about the error, you can also post the player.log file with the exception into m discord and i will look at it when i have time.

Hope this helps.

meriantok

Jun 6, 2020
Great work as always! One of my favourite games around in f95! Always looking forward for more updates~ Keep up the awesome work :D

lyxep

Jul 26, 2019
Mhnn... sounds like there is something very wrong with the saves then, considering normal gameplay works fine.

What you can try, is to toggle the "savegame workaround" on in the gameplay menu, this will make it that the saves will not be saved as files , but rather as strings in the unity playerprefs (they are somewhere in the windows registry)

if this still does not work, then please try to load a game (until it fails) then end the game and look into the folder
"C:\Users[your user name]\AppData\LocalLow\Kernis none existing company\Bound in desire"
In there , should be the player.log and in the player log should be some kind of exception at the very end.
Maybe this will give you a hint about the error, you can also post the player.log file with the exception into m discord and i will look at it when i have time.

Hope this helps.
1725378545597.png
Switching "savegame workarround" helpped with one thing, the picture is smaller and I can see the camera is in some white box,I guess some starting point.
The file player.log is full of missing objects. there is lot of:

BoxColliders does not support negative scale or size.
The effective box size has been forced positive and is likely to give unexpected collision geometry.
If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "2_TransportResearchComplex/2_PROPSInTransportoffice/SHP_PRE_Toothpaste (1)/Collider"
BoxColliders does not support negative scale or size.
The effective box size has been forced positive and is likely to give unexpected collision geometry.
If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "ENTRY_BASE/1_Inventory_LOD_CULLED/SHP_PRE_Toothpaste (1)/Collider"

this messages and also

OLD SAVEFILE FOUND!
Could not found current hair
InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
at M_Maintextfunction.Start () [0x003ad] in <af593133f33943888be6f356cac6990a>:0

and

NO KIND OF DEVICE SET
NO SAVEGAME SCRIPT FOUND!
Memory Statistics:
[ALLOC_TEMP_TLS] TLS Allocator
StackAllocators :
[ALLOC_TEMP_MAIN]
Peak usage frame count: [0-1.0 KB]: 551 frames, [1.0 KB-2.0 KB]: 1 frames, [2.0 KB-4.0 KB]: 1 frames, [4.0 KB-8.0 KB]: 1 frames, [16.0 KB-32.0 KB]: 33 frames, [32.0 KB-64.0 KB]: 2 frames, [64.0 KB-128.0 KB]: 2 frames, [128.0 KB-256.0 KB]: 1 frames, [25

Sorry couldnt find your Discord and on Patreon I saw that someone has same problem as me.

P.S.: Load doesnt work even with saved games from dev playthrough you have there

Last edited:

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
at M_Maintextfunction.Start () [0x003ad] in <af593133f33943888be6f356cac6990a>:0
There we have it again.. go damn... the floating point conversation from string to float.
I even build a special function which chooses between . or , notation (whatever works) and now... even this is failing ?

I am at a loss here... no idea how to fix this >_>

btw , you can find the function i was using in my previous posts somewhere... it is...embarrassing to say the least.

lyxep

Jul 26, 2019
There we have it again.. go damn... the floating point conversation from string to float.
I even build a special function which chooses between . or , notation (whatever works) and now... even this is failing ?

I am at a loss here... no idea how to fix this >_>

btw , you can find the function i was using in my previous posts somewhere... it is...embarrassing to say the least.
OK, thank you for noticing me on old post. I read it all and so post from 5th Feb from ZED78. He wrote there he is from Czech Republic, same as me, then I knew there is the problem, cause Czech language is always a problem in coding, hehe.
Next problem was, that I changed locale and formats in old Windows 7 settings, but Windows 11, which I am using somehow overrided it back. If I changed it in graphic W11 language settings here
1725395131732.png
everything is working now as it should.

It would be great if you could solve it somehow, but for you next time if somebody has a problem with that, ask him first if he/she isn using Czech language :)

Many thanks for your support and your games, you are great creator and I bow to you that you are doing it all by yourself.

Reactions: ufo111

TBO1981

Oct 24, 2021
Finished .024, nice update, no serious bugs, a few spelling and grammar errors but nothing serious. look forward to the next as I do with all your games.

Reactions: Merlin-Magic

Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
Performance improvements should be considered. The game is too resource-intensive. Movement should also be improved, allowing for fast travel between locations on the map that we have already visited at least once.

The last update came out a long time ago, it took a long time for a small patch of some fixes. I understand that work deserves pay, and that improvements usually come out as a priority for patreon subscribers, but I consider this type of patch to be very weak in such a long wait.

youraccount69

Donor
Dec 30, 2020
BoundInDesire-0.24Beta
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
I played several versions of this game, but frankly, I never found any exhibitionism in it. It's all only female characters, most of which aren't even living beings.

Reactions: M_e_*

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Performance improvements should be considered. The game is too resource-intensive. Movement should also be improved, allowing for fast travel between locations on the map that we have already visited at least once.
Yes , the performance, always a problem >_<
I am already using self-made LOD's and the umbrella occlusion provided by Unity.
Furthermore, the characters will be completely hidden when being too far away (a special script to ensure that the models become hidden , LOD is not really reliable in this case)

There is a fast travel method in this game, you can use the transport system to drive to the location you visited before (it also includes a skip button)

1725783152322.png

The last update came out a long time ago, it took a long time for a small patch of some fixes. I understand that work deserves pay, and that improvements usually come out as a priority for patreon subscribers, but I consider this type of patch to be very weak in such a long wait.
Jep , i can only work on weekends on this game. (Alone)
Pay... mhn... since 2016 i have the patreon site and i set my account to "charge on major updates". Embarrassing to say, but i never actually made a "charged post" so... no one actually ever paid one cent towards my games.

I... will change this in the future to "montly" but... i hate bureaucracy so much that i rather work on my game then deal with the paper stuff, so I can actually get paid every month for this.
Oh.. And btw, working on a 3D game is very time-consuming =)

Sum Gi

Nov 10, 2017
Definitely not my cup of tea but you've created a project people actually seem to like so I'm just here to give you props for that.

Reactions: cr4ck0r

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
please can anybody help me i cant see my save in the new update :(
You need to manually copy them into the game folder. Please look into the old folder of your old installation , you will find save files called "SP3D_Save_X.txt" files.
You need to copy them to the new installation.
(the pictures of the save files are in the data folder)

Creeperswarm

Feb 27, 2020
I dunno guys, archive from is broken or smth, errored with assets file in 7Zip and in win default, then the game launches but with a fiery mess on screen

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
I dunno guys, archive from is broken or smth, errored with assets file in 7Zip and in win default, then the game launches but with a fiery mess on screen

just take this one, should work.

Reactions: Creeperswarm
4.70 star(s) 9 Votes