UsagiSabita

Aug 10, 2017
Just grab a fbx or mmd model and convert them in unity? I can make a short tutorial on how to do it
Wait.... So you don't have to use the VRoid (absolutely limited) character creator for this?
You could just convert an Fbx model to Unity?
What about a blender or SFM model?

The Example you showed of Raven still looked like it was built in VRoid studio, so like is there a gallery or site of examples where you (or other's) have done this?

Feb 24, 2019
Wait.... So you don't have to use the VRoid (absolutely limited) character creator for this?
You could just convert an Fbx model to Unity?
What about a blender or SFM model?

The Example you showed of Raven still looked like it was built in VRoid studio, so like is there a gallery or site of examples where you (or other's) have done this?
Ya just grab the plug in for an sfm model, or a use a blender file and export either in blender as a fbx model, then drag and drop the fbx into unity, and convert the fbx into vrm in unity. As for Raven, it was originally a mmd model. Most vrm models are just mmd models that people converted.

Also you can convert any model no matter the format into a vrm model, you just need to turn any Daz, sfm, blender, pmx, vam model into a fbx model in blender first. A lot of the time og blender and sfm files give me trouble because of how the bones and scripts are set up when you try to export them in blender. Fbx, Daz and Mmd models are so much easier to work with.

And like I said before, happy to convert models of your fav characters into workable vrm models.

Last edited:

UsagiSabita

Aug 10, 2017
Ya just grab the plug in for an sfm model, or a use a blender file and export either in blender as a fbx model, then drag and drop the fbx into unity, and convert the fbx into vrm in unity. As for Raven, it was originally a mmd model. Most vrm models are just mmd models that people converted.

Also you can convert any model no matter the format into a vrm model, you just need to turn any Daz, sfm, blender, pmx, vam model into a fbx model in blender first. A lot of the time og blender and sfm files give me trouble because of how the bones and scripts are set up when you try to export them in blender. Fbx, Daz and Mmd models are so much easier to work with.

And like I said before, happy to convert models of your fav characters into workable vrm models.
Definitely sounds like you need to know what you're doing though to be able to port the models into it and make sure they work right.
Definitely glad to know that this is the case, however this fact doesn't necessarily make it worth investing in the game for someone who's a noob when it comes to that sort of thing.
I think if the game were actually *mobile* and ran on Android also rather than just the Quest, given the Quest2 only has Grayscale AR where a modern Smartphone that has relatively comparable hardware is has full color AR. Granted I'm not sure about processing proper Passthrough given the camera is not in the center of the back of the phone... Hmmmmmm...
I am considering getting a Quest2 though given the price drop, if I can get one & the price doesn't get stupid.

gakgami

Jan 2, 2022
Definitely sounds like you need to know what you're doing though to be able to port the models into it and make sure they work right.
Definitely glad to know that this is the case, however this fact doesn't necessarily make it worth investing in the game for someone who's a noob when it comes to that sort of thing.
I think if the game were actually *mobile* and ran on Android also rather than just the Quest, given the Quest2 only has Grayscale AR where a modern Smartphone that has relatively comparable hardware is has full color AR. Granted I'm not sure about processing proper Passthrough given the camera is not in the center of the back of the phone... Hmmmmmm...
I am considering getting a Quest2 though given the price drop, if I can get one & the price doesn't get stupid.
I've had some success exporting a Koikatu character using the Koikatu blender export plugin, and then doing the rest of the process

Feb 24, 2019
I can convert models for you guys, I dont mind, I can make sure they work