S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I am on Windows, started Part 2 today with a Season 1 save, and I'm having a ton of errors.

I've tried searching the thread but come up empty. Is there something I need to do, or a fix to apply?
If memory serves it's a specific save you need to load to continue into Part 2. It's one of those SAVE HERE NOW moments. If you didn't save there the transfer save wasn't created and you can't continue

sternnes4305

Jun 24, 2024
If memory serves it's a specific save you need to load to continue into Part 2. It's one of those SAVE HERE NOW moments. If you didn't save there the transfer save wasn't created and you can't continue
Sorry, maybe I was unclear.

The save from part 1 did load into part 2.

The problem I am having is that images start to throw exceptions shortly after starting; specifically when Scarlett and Kiara are discussing picking up Saira.

Below is one example. This is happening literally every other click. I press "ignore" and I can see one image, then I click to continue, and receive another error.

For clarity: This is v0.20.1 S2C8, updated from the previous V19 that was here BEFORE I loaded the game or imported the save.

EDIT: I am going to re-download all of Part 2 and see if that helps.

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('images/c13/c13s004_350b.webp') at 0x0000000016e3b730>:
File "game/scripts/init.rpy", line 7, in script call
call c13 from _call_c13
File "game/scripts/c13/c13.rpy", line 8, in script call
call c13s004_GetSaira from _call_c13s004_GetSaira
File "game/tl/english/scripts/c13/c13.rpy", line 4920, in script
sai "Is that Eileen? I thought she was a redhead..."
Exception: Could not load image 'images/c13/c13s004_350b.webp': error('Failed to decode WEBP')

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
call c13 from _call_c13
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 930, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1474, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1352, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1003, in do_display
display_say(who,
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\character.py", line 693, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3582, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4175, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2782, in draw_screen
surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(
File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 266, in renpy.display.render.render
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 888, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 888, in render
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\transform.py", line 909, in render
return RenderTransform(self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 979, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render
File "accelerator.pyx", line 404, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render_child
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 513, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 316, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\transform.py", line 909, in render
File "accelerator.pyx", line 979, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render
File "accelerator.pyx", line 404, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render_child
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 378, in render
top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 513, in render
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 316, in wrap_render
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 676, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 330, in get
surf = image.load()
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 803, in load
raise e
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 768, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(f, filename)
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 201, in load_image
raise Exception("Could not load image {!r}{}: {!r}".format(filename, extra, e))
Exception: Could not load image 'images/c13/c13s004_350b.webp': error('Failed to decode WEBP')

Windows-10-10.0.19044 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
My Dorm v0.20.1-S2C8
Mon Sep 23 15:27:02 2024
```

• Thinking Face
Reactions: S1nsational

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Someone sounds a little 'angry'. :LOL: Go read the latest review guys. :ROFLMAO:
Not liking the writing of a game is one thing, but to not give any examples of why and how is just stupid and annoying.

Wouldn't surprise me if they just don't like the whole clones story line. Especially if they didn't use the patch. Not that i don't like it myself, but it is scifi or scifi adjacent and not everyone enjoys that. Just look at all the people complaining about the very brief fantasy interlude or should I say interlewd.

Anyway, I've added them to my block list.

Reactions: sagerock820

justin.case

Sep 14, 2023
I like devs try to do new things with their game and almost whole update being in alternate universe count as one I think. So I am supportive of thinking alternatively though I found it a bit boring if I am being honest.

Btw, would it be too troublesome to add some hints that explain how to reach unlocked gallery scenes? :unsure:

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I like devs try to do new things with their game and almost whole update being in alternate universe count as one I think. So I am supportive of thinking alternatively though I found it a bit boring if I am being honest.

Btw, would it be too troublesome to add some hints that explain how to reach unlocked gallery scenes? :unsure:
If I remember correctly the gallery was still pending, I don't know yet haven't tested it
sagerock820 ; Nah bro guess you are reading too much into it, I found it pretty fair, and good written, was constructive critic if you ask me and he pointed out that he likes the game, for me was it a review that although didn't give 5 stars is usable and you can make your picture, I am pretty biased with this game for example for me it is one of the best games here on site.

gwalc

Sep 29, 2020

The only scenes I got locked were the My Residence ones for Maddie, Daphne, and Saira, and Alexia and Elilen's individual pregnancy test scenes, I think.
You can use the Lock/Unlock button above the gallery to check them.

Reactions: justin.case

justin.case

Sep 14, 2023
The only scenes I got locked were the My Residence ones for Maddie, Daphne, and Saira, and Alexia and Elilen's individual pregnancy test scenes, I think.
You can use the Lock/Unlock button above the gallery to check them.
I've noticed the unlock button but I would like to see the path that take us there. It was only a suggestion anyway.

Reactions: gwalc

sternnes4305

Jun 24, 2024
Quoting myself as a reply: A full re-install of the newest version seems to be working.

Sorry, maybe I was unclear.

The save from part 1 did load into part 2.

The problem I am having is that images start to throw exceptions shortly after starting; specifically when Scarlett and Kiara are discussing picking up Saira.

Below is one example. This is happening literally every other click. I press "ignore" and I can see one image, then I click to continue, and receive another error.

For clarity: This is v0.20.1 S2C8, updated from the previous V19 that was here BEFORE I loaded the game or imported the save.

EDIT: I am going to re-download all of Part 2 and see if that helps.

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('images/c13/c13s004_350b.webp') at 0x0000000016e3b730>:
call c13 from _call_c13

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
call c13 from _call_c13
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 930, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1474, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1352, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1003, in do_display
display_say(who,
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\character.py", line 693, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3582, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4175, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2782, in draw_screen
surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(
File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 378, in render
top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 676, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 330, in get
surf = image.load()
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 803, in load
raise e
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 768, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(f, filename)
File "G:\itch\My Dorm\MyDorm-v0.19.1-S2C7-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 201, in load_image
raise Exception("Could not load image {!r}{}: {!r}".format(filename, extra, e))

Windows-10-10.0.19044 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
My Dorm v0.20.1-S2C8
Mon Sep 23 15:27:02 2024
```

gwalc

Sep 29, 2020
I've noticed the unlock button but I would like to see the path that take us there. It was only a suggestion anyway.
The My Residence ones will unlock if we aren't in those girls' routes, and the Alexia and Eileen individual pregnancy test scenes if you only date one of them, but it will need three playthroughs, Alexia+Eileen, Alexia, and Eileen.

Reactions: justin.case

sagerock820

Nov 5, 2023
If I remember correctly the gallery was still pending, I don't know yet haven't tested it
sagerock820 ; Nah bro guess you are reading too much into it, I found it pretty fair, and good written, was constructive critic if you ask me and he pointed out that he likes the game, for me was it a review that although didn't give 5 stars is usable and you can make your picture, I am pretty biased with this game for example for me it is one of the best games here on site.
Gallery is available as of season 2.

Could be I'm reading too much into it. I, like you, am a bit biased. Especially working so closely with Trop.

• Red Heart
Reactions: xapican

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
Well at least you stirred up the "Nursing home" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
This thread is a lot like a hornet's nest. :unsure: Of course, all the hornets move slower than you would expect, most have at least one wing with reduced function and walk with little canes, and they all stare WAY too long at every little damselfly that passes by... :LOL:
Most of the ones went back to the hotel with me.
Man, no matter how desperate I get, I'm never taking any ones back to a hotel. My low bar is a five or six. :ROFLMAO:

4.00 star(s) 116 Votes