3D Software Help and Assistance. Ask Away.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Hi, im new to making renders and for now i've only done still poses with no interaction/colission between elements. I would love to know how to make these deformations on different parts of the body, these being a hand grabbing a breast or in this case breasts being pushed by the clothes and squeezing up and out.

I am working with Daz and have some of the basics of Blender. In the case of this game, the developer, Cloudet, is using this techniques in most of his renders, this picture is just an example of many.

View attachment 3773849
He's probably using something like or Mesh Grabber. I suppose it's also possible that he's doing it in Blender with some kind of deformer.

3D Reaver

Formerly '3DReaver'
May 15, 2020
I am once again looking for someone that has any solution to the progressively longer loading times of characters when using the "PBR skin shader"
Every time you load a character that uses the skin shader the loading times go as following for me
1: 45 seconds
2 : 1:45
3 : 3:15

All the extra time is on creating materials

2024-07-01 11:29:24.194 [INFO] :: Creating materials...
2024-07-01 11:32:57.063 [INFO] :: Resolving legacy figures...

When using the "Uber Skin shader" the loading times of characters remain consistent, around 45 seconds, regardless of how many times i load a character into the scene.

With Uber skin shader
2024-07-01 11:27:49.944 [INFO] :: Creating materials...
2024-07-01 11:27:52.178 [INFO] :: Resolving legacy figures...

The curious part is that loading a genesis 9 using the same shader doesn't seam to double the loading time with every new character, it still increases but to a much lower rate, it takes 5 iterations to go from 12 seconds to 30 seconds.

kinkyfish

Dec 10, 2017
Hi! I'm starting from scratch and looking for 3d software to start with. I really like Amnesia, Timestamps and Summer heat renders. With what soft can I make renders of the same quality?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Hi! I'm starting from scratch and looking for 3d software to start with. I really like Amnesia, Timestamps and Summer heat renders. With what soft can I make renders of the same quality?
I know Timestamps uses Daz (don't know the others), to use it well, you are going to need a good Nvidia graphic card, with a lot of vram.

Reactions: kinkyfish

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Never really looked into Amnesia, but the other two use Daz. You'll need a fairly beefy Nvidia GPU, and a lot of time to practicing lighting and composition. And money for assets, probably.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 7, 2022
Real simple query - how do I adjust [what I would call emission in Iray-speak] on RSL shaders?

When I load scenes that use a bunch of RSL shaders, all the lights everywhere are off and I end up just converting them to Iray uber and applying my own shader preset for lamps....but surely there must be a way to stay in RSL and have it function as a light, right?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Real simple query - how do I adjust [what I would call emission in Iray-speak] on RSL shaders?

When I load scenes that use a bunch of RSL shaders, all the lights everywhere are off and I end up just converting them to Iray uber and applying my own shader preset for lamps....but surely there must be a way to stay in RSL and have it function as a light, right?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The emission settings would be to make them glow.
You might need to change it to iray, select all the surfaces you want to change, browse to Shader Presets, iRay, Daz Uber, then his !Iray Shader Base. Apply that to each surface, and it will give you the iRay settings.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 7, 2022
The emission settings would be to make them glow.
You might need to change it to iray, select all the surfaces you want to change, browse to Shader Presets, iRay, Daz Uber, then his !Iray Shader Base. Apply that to each surface, and it will give you the iRay settings.
Yah, as mentioned, that I already know how to do, I'm curious how to do it staying in RSL.

There must be a way, I can't believe popular environmental assets like "Modern House Series" come out of the box with dark houses requiring every single light surface shader to be converted to Iray uber...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yah, as mentioned, that I already know how to do, I'm curious how to do it staying in RSL.

There must be a way, I can't believe popular environmental assets like "Modern House Series" come out of the box with dark houses requiring every single light surface shader to be converted to Iray uber...
Sorry, yeah, I can't say, not having used that one, but I have run into it before. A lot of times they will have two settings, or a material setting with lights on/off, or a day/night version, but yeah, not all.

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

roxian

Dec 5, 2018
I had exactly the same issue. As I see, Inanna_17's problem was not solved at least in replies, but I figured this out, so maybe it will be usefull for someone else. I use the plugin(?) named MeshGrabber and for some reason while this tool is selected, it affects Palace, New Genitalia for Victoria 8 and Breastacular a bit as well in that strange fashion. If you change active tool to anything else, everything looks as it should be.
Just spent 3 hours trying to figure this out... thanks for the post !

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
Is there a recommended way/product for simulating fluids emanating from a female's vagina? I'm making a scene with a female character fingering herself and wanted to make a close shot of her wet vagina during climax. Initially, I tried a decal product (KindredArt's Iray WetFX), and I got it to look good for a while. But I'm not sure what I've changed in the scene, that suddenly the arousal fluid is looking unhealthily brownish. Also, I find that using decal products is generally troublesome and finicky. Is there any recommended way of doing something like what I'm trying to do.

EDIT: I found out what caused the mysterious change in color on the liquid decal. I had a point light near it to illuminate the vagina for the render and I made this light totally ghost, so it wouldn't get reflected anywhere. This ghost factor somehow screwed the look (namely the color) of the liquid oozing from the vagina. Removing the ghost factor from this point light solved the problem. Now it kinda looks like actual vaginal fluid again.

EDIT 2: Anyway, I'm not really happy with the decal solution. I can't make it look as good as I'd like. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Last edited:

Badon2

Mar 4, 2021
This might be really basic but I'm struggling with it. I'm in Daz Studio, using Golden Palace on a G8F figure. When the figure's legs are raised up this crease or, like, crack appears on the figure's inner thigh. I don't know if there's a resolution to this. I checked the figure's base resolution and tried changing the subdivision levels but I admit that I don't really understand those settings. Any ideas?

OverloadThere

Aug 10, 2024
Hi,
I decided to give Daz3D a try (have small amount of experience with SFM and Blender - SFW stuff). Before I start I decided to look up some things and I need some clarification that I hope y'all will be able to provide :)

1. From my research it looks like for making renders for AVN I need to buy genitalia for the models separately. From my reading it seems that to do that I need to buy some premium models like Victoria 8.1 Loving Linfe ( ) and Michael 8.1 Pro which amounts to about 300$ for just that. Some people also mentioned something like Dicktator and XY but here I get conflicting information in that it is in addition to those two models mentioned above. How does that work exactly? It seems like aq really big starting cost before you even do anything. I am not opposed to paying from the start but in my country it is like 1/3 of an average salary.
Will something like this: or this: be enough or is the Victoria 8 Pro bundle necessary too? What would be good equivalent for male models?

2. Interactive License costs additional 50$ per model. Is it necessary if I want to make renders that I later put in a game or does it only applies if model is somehow embedded in the game as a file? Does a VN with renders need the interactive license to earn money or just to simply exist? From what I understand since VN uses renders it doesnt need the interactive one and standard is fine even if you have some income from it?

3. Finally, are there some nice places with some free assets? I will definitely be buying some if possible but to make a VN with all paid assets it would seem to take thousands of dollars :D
4. To have many models on renders do I need to buy different ones or is victoria a kind of a base that you can actually adjust (face shape, height, etc) to make several completely differnet looking models. Should one do it by hand or is it better to buy presets somewhere?
I apologise if I am beating a dead horse, couldnt find any answers. I was really eager to learn but now I am beginning to be afraid that it would be a huge financial investment.

Models that won't work because of the lack of Anatomical elements?

Models that will work because they have anatomical elements?

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Hi,
I decided to give Daz3D a try (have small amount of experience with SFM and Blender - SFW stuff). Before I start I decided to look up some things and I need some clarification that I hope y'all will be able to provide :)

1. From my research it looks like for making renders for AVN I need to buy genitalia for the models separately. From my reading it seems that to do that I need to buy some premium models like Victoria 8.1 Loving Linfe ( ) and Michael 8.1 Pro which amounts to about 300$ for just that. Some people also mentioned something like Dicktator and XY but here I get conflicting information in that it is in addition to those two models mentioned above. How does that work exactly? It seems like aq really big starting cost before you even do anything. I am not opposed to paying from the start but in my country it is like 1/3 of an average salary.
Will something like this: or this: be enough or is the Victoria 8 Pro bundle necessary too? What would be good equivalent for male models?
With Daz Studio, you get the base Genesis 12389 characters. These are perfectly usable characters that can be used in renders. On top of that, you can have morphs to get a char taller, thinner, with a bigger nose, etc. Victoria and Michael are some of these morphs. The most famous, but they are in no may mandatory. There are *many* chars available for genesis 8, that include the char morphs and some skin texture (that can be used on any character). Some chars are even free, and most can be found at low price depending on the store sales. And if you want to purchase V8 or M8 bundles, never ever buy them for $150. I do have them, but I purchased them for $10-15 a few years ago during a sale at daz3D.

If you purchase a large bundle at daz (Pro bundle), you get for free the anatomical elements that are an addon that can be attached to any char. The daz genitals are somehow limited, and this is why there are several other genitals available. Mostly at renderotica. The best genital addon depends on your opinion. I like Meipe's Dicktator (for M) and Golden Palace (for F), but there are several other very good alternatives.
2. Interactive License costs additional 50$ per model. Is it necessary if I want to make renders that I later put in a game or does it only applies if model is somehow embedded in the game as a file? Does a VN with renders need the interactive license to earn money or just to simply exist? From what I understand since VN uses renders it doesnt need the interactive one and standard is fine even if you have some income from it?
Interactive licenses are only useful for 3D games where the character morphs need to b embedded in the game. If you just use the renders in a game, no need to buy them.
3. Finally, are there some nice places with some free assets? I will definitely be buying some if possible but to make a VN with all paid assets it would seem to take thousands of dollars :D
There is a complete thread with links to free assets. https://f95zone.to/threads/free-stuff-for-daz-3d.22194
And indeed, there are many freebies available. Daz gives away some old assets every two weeks, renderosity and renderhub have a large section of free assets, sharecg is also a must, and you should also browse the daz freebie forum.
4. To have many models on renders do I need to buy different ones or is victoria a kind of a base that you can actually adjust (face shape, height, etc) to make several completely differnet looking models. Should one do it by hand or is it better to buy presets somewhere?
The base genesis characters have some minimal morphs. Then, whenever you install a char, its morphs are available and can be dialed on any char totally or partially. There are also morph packages available with many extra dialable morphs and some are even completely free (for instance )
I apologise if I am beating a dead horse, couldnt find any answers. I was really eager to learn but now I am beginning to be afraid that it would be a huge financial investment. Apologies for posting it here and not the NSFW sub. I assumed since it is just a question it would be fine and the NSFW sub is blocking me due to low karma since this is a newly created account.
3D is expensive, even if you use free programs. and the most expensive are the assets. You can find cheap or free assets, but this may require investment in time to search the sites.

Last edited:

OverloadThere

Aug 10, 2024
Thanks you! And should I look if models have "anatomical elements" or "anatomical elements textures" listed in the description or it doesnt matter if I have the third party genitals?

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Thanks you! And should I look if models have "anatomical elements" or "anatomical elements textures" listed in the description or it doesnt matter if I have the third party genitals?
Some models do have "anatomical element textures", but generally (always?) it is a material that only works on daz genitals. Third party addon gens have different and incompatible UV maps.

Genital geografts generally contain a script that copies the texture from the char torso to the gens and the results are most of the times rather good.

OverloadThere

Aug 10, 2024
Some models do have "anatomical element textures", but generally (always?) it is a material that only works on daz genitals. Third party addon gens have different and incompatible UV maps.

Genital geografts generally contain a script that copies the texture from the char torso to the gens and the results are most of the times rather good.
Perfect, I greatly appreciate the help! It all starts to look reasonable and like a proper plan :)

Kurtyguy

Aug 19, 2018
Hi all, i'm very new to the world of game design but recently bought myself a pretty good PC.
I've played most of the top rated games and figure its about time i try to create something completly catered to my tastes.

I want to get into developing games with the artstyles of games like the following:

King of summer: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-king-of-summer-v0-4-22-full-no-try-studios.139047/ (hentai/cartoon vibes)
Pale Carnations: https://f95zone.to/threads/pale-carnations-ch-4-up-4-public-mutt-jeff.50281/ (realistic asian??? vibes)
Desert stalker: https://f95zone.to/threads/desert-stalker-v0-16c-zetan.68105/ (more realistic ?)

These are my favourite examples of the various artstyles. I have no idea what the artsyles would even be called,
and thus don't know where to begin with regards to figuring out how to recreate them.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Hi all, i'm very new to the world of game design but recently bought myself a pretty good PC.
I've played most of the top rated games and figure its about time i try to create something completly catered to my tastes.

I want to get into developing games with the artstyles of games like the following:

King of summer: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-king-of-summer-v0-4-22-full-no-try-studios.139047/ (hentai/cartoon vibes)
Pale Carnations: https://f95zone.to/threads/pale-carnations-ch-4-up-4-public-mutt-jeff.50281/ (realistic asian??? vibes)
Desert stalker: https://f95zone.to/threads/desert-stalker-v0-16c-zetan.68105/ (more realistic ?)

These are my favourite examples of the various artstyles. I have no idea what the artsyles would even be called,
and thus don't know where to begin with regards to figuring out how to recreate them.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
KoS uses Koikatsu.
PC uses Honey Select (1 or 2)
Desert Stalker uses Daz.

Reactions: Kurtyguy
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote